File management is an essential task of an Android phone. Many of us make use of File Managers to segregate different files in the device. If we go to the Play Store, we find many apps that are meant to manage files on your phone. However, going for any app is not sufficient, safe, with granular control and convenient for access. But apps have improved tremendously in these times, and you can download the best android app for file management, . Your productivity powerhouse and your android device needs a good app for managing your files so that you can get better control over your data and files.
What does the android app for file management do?
A file manager android app, in overall, explores the phone’s root directory, sort your files in order, encrypt apps, manually create, move and delete device folders, transfer files to other devices effortlessly and offer you control on your files.
What makes an app best?
- User-friendly and simple interface
- Streamlines the data with robust security
- Simple login/registration for the app download
- Quick download and fast loading
- Supports multi-languages
- Operation in online and offline modes
- User-friendly technological features
- Cloud storage compatibility
Which one is the best android app for file management?
You need to look into the capabilities or features of a file management app to know whether it is the best app for your android device. This is what draws the web traffic to the app. This will help you to get the best of your file management app of your android device.
Here are the primary features of the best file management Android app:
Built-in Android device
Android 6.0 Marshmallow gives you a file manager that is in-built to the device. For basic file management, this is best. Android 8 Oreo has a different file manager. For Android 9 and higher, file manager in-built called as Files app will enable you to browse connected drive account or local storage quite conveniently.
Make use of file managers from 3rd party for additional features
Some of the 3rd party file managers have the following advanced features
- Different supportive network protocols such as SFTP, FTP, WebDAV, and so on.
- Rich in customization choices
- Setup in Dual-pane
- Extension supportive
- FTP transfer- Sharing of files with your friends, family, and other devices.
- Real-time search
- Encryption and compression supportive
- Remote management of files
- Transferring files between PC and Phone is easy with a USB cable through Android file transfer or via Bluetooth. The former is recommended as the latter can be time-consuming, but a good wireless option.
- Transfer files using a remote network and without your wifi connection.
- Remote file browsing from anywhere
- File transfer from Android to other Operating system operated devices like iPhone through ShareIT. It can be accessed from anywhere without any internet connection. A common network is established by connecting both the devices to a wifi network, and files can be transferred quickly.
- Automatic file sync to many devices by registering the device.
- Safety is ensured with robust security to your data
- Some file manager apps also double up as App manager and media players.
- They are accessible to cloud storage.
- Some miscellaneous features are material design, a built-in app manager, SMB file sharing, uninstall apps, and explore the root storage.
All the above features in an android app for file management makes the process easy and accessible anywhere and everywhere.
Some top apps that support Android OS for file management with advanced features are:
- Solid Explorer
- Amaze File Manager
- Cx File Explorer
- FX File Manager
- MK Explorer
- MiXplorer Silver
- Root Explorer
- X-Plore File Manager